Thursday, November 18, 2010

Tongue Tied

There's a secret
that I hold inside myself,
about a darkness no one should see.
I long to tell you.
To open up these lips and let it run,
into your ears, into your heart,
but my lips freeze, my heart stops,
and I rationalize my cowardice.

You've got a secret,
that you're afraid to tell me,
about shame you've carried so long.
I long to hear it.
For you to unleash your tied tongue,
from it's bindings, from it's cage,
but you start and stop, start and stop,
and I sigh.

I start, you stop, I sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Lena Rigby your words are so sweetly and swiftly woven together- you express things that we all feel.

    I felt this just two nights ago.... start and stop in shame at the secret that is unspoken

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments! Whether it be constructive criticism or praise, I want to hear it!

Copyright