Monday, December 20, 2010

Isaac

I remember an offering, 
not to many months ago, 
where I was offered up 
to atone for your mistakes. 

Twice I was put on that metaphorical altar, 
against my own will, 
(but yet so very willingly) 
and each time there was one result. 
And I prayed to a God
who allowed me no peace, 
but only allowed the remaining truth, 
that you were not to blame. 

The second time you saw me, 
broken for a crime you committed, 
your hands were no longer clean, 
and your heart was no longer locked up. 

So we prayed for redemption
and a healing of our scars, 
and your words became beautiful, 
and your heart became honest, 
while my words became strong, 
and my heart became forgiving. 
And something emerged 
from a box we had placed our God into. 

But now the altar is prepared again, 
a third and final time, 
but this time I am not bound alone, 
we are bound together. 

We offer up
our dreams and desires, 
our hearts and our lives, 
to a God who deserves all of it. 
And we trust in our Provider, 
since he knows our very souls, 
to remain faithful 
whether a lamb appears in the the thicket or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments! Whether it be constructive criticism or praise, I want to hear it!

Copyright