Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Playing God

I have adopted
whatever looks similar 
to a concrete conclusion, 
because answers, 
no matter how inaccurate, 
are better than nothing. 
Right?

You have played this out
like a mad-libs game,
with "insert the name of God"
written under every blank space.
Because that's the only way
you can make sense of things.
Right?

And I have written
my own ending 
to this never-ending-story, 
because you already have, 
and I think it's only fair 
that I get the last word.
Right?

Wrong. 
Because we have both failed
in our attempt to be wise, 
to realize that we don't know the end. 
And you can say that you do 
until the cows and the pigs fly, 
but you don't. 

I'm sorry but you just don't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments! Whether it be constructive criticism or praise, I want to hear it!

Copyright