Monday, April 18, 2011

Funeral for a Friend

I'm in my Sunday best.
it's raining, 
just like it would 
on an occasion such as this. 
There are no flowers, 
or little candles 
to usher you out,
and no commemorative picture 
of a smiling and eager face. 
There are no sweet poems 
or small speeches, 
no awards, 
no songs, 
just a box. 
Just a hole and some mud
with a shovel at the ready.
And when I look around, 
I don't see anyone else.
It's just you and I my friend, 
like it used to be, 
and though the time is coming 
to tuck you in and cover you up, 
I won't walk away, 
until I'm ready. 

I'm not ready yet. 



1 comment:

  1. but you will be...

    i can say this with assurance because I know that walking away is hard but that God will get you to the point where you will be able to.

    You will be stronger and healthier because of it Lena

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments! Whether it be constructive criticism or praise, I want to hear it!

Copyright