Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Eradicate

You have the same nervous twitch 
as you've always had 
and you have the same jarring gaze 
that finds me every time. 
You occupy the part of my mind 
that I'm trying to eradicate, 
You are the part of my heart
that I am having removed. 
You are the memories and moments 
that I am steadily overwriting
and you are the mangy stray dog 
that I am choosing to ignore.
Your presence no longer has potency, 
I am not swayed or stilled by you, 
and you can move in and out of these rooms 
as you wish; I won't notice. 
See, you've stayed the same, 
never changed or grown,
like the waves of the sea, 
like a chronic disease, 
and I have no need 
of you
at all. 

1 comment:

Please leave your comments! Whether it be constructive criticism or praise, I want to hear it!

Copyright