Thursday, February 21, 2013

Hadean

You come to the door with your 
bag of tricks, impressive and 
promising, trying to coax me with 
your viles and bottles, 
and sometimes you succeed. 
Today I swallowed your cough 
syrup without any sugar, then 
choked on your disease while 
you eagerly watched on. You 
work as the Devil's apothecary
and you prescribe my destruction 
with a stained smile breaking 
your hardened face, made of 
clay and paint, moulded after 
your master. You have his voice. 

To your credit, your deception 
was quite veiled, behind a fit 
of self-pity and guilt--I almost 
deemed you innocent, until the 
glint in your eye caught mine 
as the spoon came off of my 
lead tongue and when your  
smile turned wry, I knew I'd 
made a mistake. So as I purge 
your poison from my body I 
pray to remember this moment, 
so when you come knocking again, 
with your medicine in hand, 
I'll know to slam the proverbial 
door in your houndish face. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments! Whether it be constructive criticism or praise, I want to hear it!

Copyright