Monday, June 10, 2013

War

His lies are simple and easy,
swallowed without much 
difficulty, accepted without 
much push-back, and I only 
see the truth for what it is 
from the bottom looking up. 
He whispers oh-so quietly 
into my ears when I'm not 
paying attention, preying on 
my idleness, his only aim is
to suck the life out of me. He 
tells me I'm repulsive and 
underwhelming, the sole 
reason you've had to walk
away, and that I'm too 
weak-eyed and spineless 
for you to have ever cared 
for me at all. Undeserving 
and unworthy of you, and 
not enough to help you 
through. He rails on me as 
if he fears what I would do 
if I were allowed to stand up, 
and from the ground I only 
see the pure hatred in his eyes, 
drawing me into his deceit so 
convincingly, and he mocks 
the deepest parts of my soul.
With every day he tells me
you never wanted me at all,
and with every morning he
reminds me of the rejection and
its sting. He tells me your 
words are lies, he promises me
my opinion of you is false,
and he says that I'll always be alone. 
In a life of relational equations 
that always end up in the red, 
he tells me that I'm the common 
denominator. And I know, it's 
only the weakness in me and 
the cunning in him that stops 
me from seeing the truth. 

I promise that I'm trying.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments! Whether it be constructive criticism or praise, I want to hear it!

Copyright