Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Alarm

Even though I must refrain
from dialling your number
at 6:30am, I wake up on
my own, nonetheless, waiting
to hear your groggy morning
voice once again. And in these
days of absolute desperation
and aching, it takes all the
strength in me to lift you up
to someone greater, in order
to control the endless sobbing
and unimaginable pain. So
even though you sleep past
7 and have forgotten the
beauty we'd share at
daybreak and sunset,
I cling to the early morning,
lift my hands to the heavens,
let out all the tears my eyes have left,
and pray for you.
For your peace.
For your clarity.
For you to remember.

For the strength
to get through the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments! Whether it be constructive criticism or praise, I want to hear it!

Copyright