Friday, May 31, 2013

Paul

Tell me of a single man,
from Genesis to Revelation
that was properly equipped
for his task? Pin point every
instance, where he was
perfectly ready for the call
to which he was given?
Explain to me how he was
wholly able to fulfill his
responsibilities. Because
all I see are pictures of
men who were human and
broken, fallen and completely
incomplete. I see a picture of
David, just a boy with a
handful of stones, and I
see Moses unable to speak
and I see Jacob afraid and
on the run, and I see Paul,
poor and wandering, rejected
and downcast. What makes
you think the Twelve had any
time to prepare for the most
arduous task when Christ asked
them to follow immediately?
When has our God ever been
in the business of calling us to
task "when we're ready?"
But you, you assume the need
for perfection in spades, for
readiness that is only ideal,
and because of the blindness
of your own mind you have
undone your responsibilities,
taken away from your maturity,
let go of your support,
and told God "you're just not ready".

And I sit here and pray with ferocity
that He shows you you're trusting a lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments! Whether it be constructive criticism or praise, I want to hear it!

Copyright