Saturday, June 5, 2010

Fence Hopping

The dark can hold our hopes and dreams, 
Like the world in the hands of children, 
But when the sun starts rising, 
And the phone goes dead, 
Nothing can escape the truth in the light. 

I could happily run through the fields, 
Holding your hand like it's all that I have, 
But deep in my soul I'd know that I don't belong, 
Though I may convince you otherwise, 
I am unable to lie to my own heart. 

You can blame me if it makes it easier, 
Since I have let my words flow to freely, 
Let my heart wander to long, 
And if I had have been more careful with myself, 
Then maybe I would have been more careful with you. 

You talk about winning my affections, 
As if they are to be won and owned, 
But you'll take one hard look at the state I'm in, 
And you'll see, you'll truly see, 
This heart is to wild to be won. 

So this is what it's like on the other side of the fence. . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments! Whether it be constructive criticism or praise, I want to hear it!

Copyright