Monday, June 14, 2010

Poet of the Month--June

Emily Dickinson--


 
For your musings, I have decided to include a "poet of the month" in my blogging. These featured poets will be ones that I personally adore and admire, and ones that I would highly recommend to avid poetry readers. I also ask that you would leave comments on these posts (as well as my other posts) with your thoughts on the writer, and favorite works  you may enjoy by them. I would love to see what you are reading and what you enjoy! Poetry is to be shared, for it's among the only ways to be truly honest. 

Emily Dickinson is an American poet who is known for her unconventional style and themes. She was born in 1830 and died in 1886. In her lifetime she wrote and published over 400 poems. The following is among my favorites: 

If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.
                         --Emily Dickinson          




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments! Whether it be constructive criticism or praise, I want to hear it!

Copyright