Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Five

Dear Mr. Blue, 

I've tried writing you this 
haphazard, scatter-brained letter
for days now. 
The right words don't come, 
and though I strive to write to you 
with eloquence and grace, 
my only words are harsh and blunt. 

I long to gain that honesty 
but I can't tell what's truth anymore, 
and I want to think what I feel, 
but I don't know that I have a heart to feel with. 
All these things I wish to tell you, 
that you may or may not wish to hear,
are now lost. 

Even more painful 
than the confusing of my heart, 
is the taking of my words. 

Yours, 

Eleanor 

2 comments:

  1. My favourite part "haphazard, scatter-brained letter".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tori !
    Thanks so much for your comments.
    They actually mean a lot to me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments! Whether it be constructive criticism or praise, I want to hear it!

Copyright