Monday, October 18, 2010

Tag

I sat in the third seat, 
facing the curtain-covered window, 
beside a dark haired girl 
who had the same shoes as me. 
You sat in the sixth seat. 

Some simple conversation, 
and some awkward words 
echoed in my mind 
in the weeks that followed. 
Months from then, they still do. 

So many hours laboriously spent 
asking Mr. God-of-the-universe
to slow down just a little bit, 
so I could decipher you. 
So I could decipher my heart.  

Then you created and destroyed me, 
exposed and protected me, 
until you couldn't understand anymore.
Your confusion has yet to change my certainty, 
but my heart can't keep waiting. 

You're still that man, 
sitting in that sixth seat, 
but I've gotten up, 
wiped my eyes and said my prayers, 
and walked away. 

Whether or not I'm worth chasing after is really up to you.                                
                                                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments! Whether it be constructive criticism or praise, I want to hear it!

Copyright