Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Seemingly Perfect Day for Plath

It seems I'm having a hard time getting the inspiration to write. Words are pretty much gone. To keep myself appeased, I'll post the poetry of someone else. Sylvia Plath, someone who can say what I can't seem to right now. Enjoy. 

Denouement 


The telegram says you have gone away
And left our bankrupt circus on its own;
There is nothing more for me to say.



The maestro gives the singing birds their pay
And they buy tickets for the tropic zone;
The telegram says you have gone away.



The clever wolly dogs have had their day
They shoot the dice for one remaining bone;
There is nothing more for me to say.



The lion and the tigers turn to clay
And Jumbo sadly trumpets into stone;
The telegram says you have gone away.



The morbid cobra's wits have run astray;
He rents his poisons out by telegram;
There is nothing more for me to say.



The colored tents all topple in the bay;
The magic sawdust writes: address unknown.
The telegram says you have gone away;
There is nothing more for me to say.


                   --Sylvia Plath




2 comments:

  1. When I get writers block I listen to new music or read a poem I haven't read by a famous poet. That often helps me, hope it helps you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Plath. She's super amazing. I know what it feels like to just not have the words to say. Sometimes the last line of her poem "There is nothing more for me to say" makes perfect sense for life.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments! Whether it be constructive criticism or praise, I want to hear it!

Copyright