Wednesday, September 21, 2011

3:13

Oh to be the one
that heard you snoring in the night, 
to hear you sleep talking, 
your steady breathing, 
and your final hums and has. 
I would give everything 
to have been there at the right time
to see your eyes again, 
but you left me where I was, 
and waited until it was to late. 
Forever is a long time 
to go without you 
and in my selfishness I wish 
that you would've thought of me. 
Wailing by your bedside
with no voice of comfort, 
no warms hands, 
no life-filled words. 
Oh to be the one
that stayed the night and
saw the clock
at 3:13. 

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you Lena in your time of mourning, you have lots of friends praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments! Whether it be constructive criticism or praise, I want to hear it!

Copyright