Thursday, September 29, 2011

Cinders

I wonder if the rain knows
about all my saddest days 
before it paints the ground 
with water that evades
the leftover embers 
that burn in the pit of my heart? 
Those coals are only kept alive 
by the frayed ends of a love 
I've yet to lay aside; 
never perfectly mended 
and never sound asleep.
Every time you walk by 
I resurrect memories of days 
that were better than these;
we smiled like children 
and promised more than we ought
in the sun-kissed snow 
and in the confines of silver trees. 
Now this chilly rain escapes my grasp
while a fire hazard brews 
in the depths of my chest. 

I just need a puddle 
big enough to swim in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments! Whether it be constructive criticism or praise, I want to hear it!

Copyright