Monday, September 26, 2011

The Title of this Poem is Used Three Times

What on God's green earth
makes you think it's okay 
for you to finally be a decent man 
when you were despicable with me? 
Your praises sound like rocks 
falling into an empty well, 
hollow and spent 
like every other word 
you ever spoke to me in love. 
You're the faulty clutch 
that has me stalled in the middle 
of a busy intersection 
scrambling for a running engine, 
but left to collide 
with cars on all sides 
as soon as the light turns green. 
And do you not remember 
the endless months 
that you dragged my heart around 
like an unwanted dog
stuck to your leash? 
I remember the green grass, 
the muddy fields, 
the concrete playground 
and every other place 
you brought me to. 
What on earth, 
makes you think it's okay 
to finally be a decent man, 
when you were only a hurtful boy 
with me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments! Whether it be constructive criticism or praise, I want to hear it!

Copyright