Friday, May 21, 2010

Bathsheba

Her name is not Bathsheba,
She does not belong in your palace,
And though you'd like me to play the role of Uriah,
sent to the front lines and shoved out of the way,
I will refuse to put up and shut up.
Though her betrayal may seem evident to you,
She is not the creature you've made her to be,
no matter how much you objectify.
My silence will not be broken,
But you can count on a war, not simply a battle.
Your reign of terror has dragged on long enough,
And I don't know where you get off crowning yourself king,
But you're name is not David,
You are not getting away with what you've done.
Her name is not Bathsheba,
and neither was mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments! Whether it be constructive criticism or praise, I want to hear it!

Copyright