Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Fool Me Twice. . .

No more walking in the moonlight,
Searching for answers in sidewalk cracks,
Because since I've had to walk alone,
Nothing is the same, nothing is right.
And certainly no more music,
With every note painting your picture,
Yet never reaching completion,
Always wrong, always missing something.
I retract my singed fingertips from the fire,
As you laugh in an attempt to mock me.
But I thought you were burnt as well?
I guess maybe I was wrong.
Or perhaps you just lied . . .
What is worse is that nothing can mar your image,
Set in my mind like a monument.
I hate to say it, but with each memory,
Your presence is being covered up,
No more moonlight, no more music,
all for my safety.
Fool me once, shame on you,
But fool me twice, shame on me,
And you can bet there's no way I'm getting burned again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments! Whether it be constructive criticism or praise, I want to hear it!

Copyright