Friday, May 28, 2010

You First

If you forget, then I'll forget too.
But heaven forbid we're ever on the same page,
Because though your hatchet has been buried,
Mine is still lying on the ground,
broken, rusted, and worn out.

If you let go, then I'll let go too.
There's no hope in holding on,
Or any reason left for wishful thinking.
No, only the repeated sentiments remain,
But then again, maybe that's all we ever had.

If you've given up, then I guess I give up too.
Because there's no point in dragging out the torture,
But if you ever wake up thinking you've made a mistake,
And you find yourself wanting something more,
know that if you're willing, then I'm willing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments! Whether it be constructive criticism or praise, I want to hear it!

Copyright