Thursday, May 20, 2010

Smiling Eyes

I remember when we would laugh, don't you?
When keeping time seemed useless,
Because we knew there was no turning back,
Not after all of this.
There is no turning back after this.

I look at your eyes as if they owe me something.
Like a glimmer of hope, however small,
Or just a sign that you're still in there somewhere,
Because nothing is the same since you've been gone,
No, nothing is ever the same.

You can spend an eternity walking away,
But it won't change what we've said or what we've seen.
I've heard your heart break, seen your smile.
There's no ignoring what could have been,
But will we ever see it?

I remember when we would laugh, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments! Whether it be constructive criticism or praise, I want to hear it!

Copyright