Friday, April 9, 2010

As a Matter of Fact...

As a matter of fact, those eyes do decieve,
And rationalize, and judge, and call my bluff.
When I asked for your undivided attention,
I never wanted you to see right through me.
This wasn't part of my plan, not part of my will,
And yet the clock still passes the time.
I am trying to hold onto the wind, and it's not working,
It passes through my fingers, laughing at my feeble attempts.
How unfair it is, for you to laugh along.
Your eyes need to stop looking so innocent,
So kind, so good-intentioned, and so bewildered,
Because my gaurd falls, and then you win.
You can't keep winning,
I can't let you keep winning. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments! Whether it be constructive criticism or praise, I want to hear it!

Copyright