Friday, April 16, 2010

Illusionary Hope

In my heart there rages a sea,
Settling, only to roar the next moment,
Never does it stop, never does it stop.
Chaos swirls in the depths,
Mixed with an understanding I'll never understand.

Belly up in this aimless endeavor,
I am carried along in this tempest,
Looking for a light that never shines.
Shocked by the peace found in familiarity,
How alarming it is, when a storm becomes home.

Months upon months of floating,
Skin pale, arms weak, hope drained,
My eyes are pealed open by the illusion,
Of a light pouring from this sky.
Illusion it may be, but it's mine.

Our illusions don't always trap us,
Sometimes they set us free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments! Whether it be constructive criticism or praise, I want to hear it!

Copyright