Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Seas to Drown In

From Your hands the water flows,
like mercy into the darkest depravity,
kindly supressing the burning of sin,
gently healing the years of suffering.
To the ground the cares will fall,
like leaves from the fall trees,
like dust in a dry summer,
displaying a peace that surpasses words.
In the dark the light will shine,
through the souls of the faithful,
trading the sorrow for redemption.
Because really, what else could be sweeter?
Not the taste of honey on a bitter tounge,
but the taste of eternity,
salvation and grace,
to taste the flavours of life unending,
like nothing in this life.
From Your hands comes your love like seas,
ready, ever ready,
for me to drown in.

2 comments:

  1. Just thought I would let you know I recited this to my Literature class today. Your poetry is beautiful, and it is being heard :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah! Seriously? Thank you so much Anonymous! Please e-mail me at rigbylena@gmail.com if you'd like to chat some more about poetry!

      Delete

Please leave your comments! Whether it be constructive criticism or praise, I want to hear it!

Copyright