Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Sin Offering

You say the sacrifice has been brought,
The altar prepared,
And as the burnt offering smokes it's way to heaven,
You say the Lord is pleased.
In the next breath you take it back,
To say that the Lord is disappointed,
The way this lamb was offered,
Has brought the Lord to tears.
I am reminded of the leash on my neck,
Being dragged behind you,
The lamb, for the offering.
This sin had to be atoned,
And you can say that you are now forgiven,
But I am still spent and spilled,
All over this altar wood.
You said yourself that the Lord is displeased,
I would more than agree with you there,
Because I know my God would not delight in my sacrifice,
As much as you may have.
You may have learned something from this,
But I have learned something of limitless value,
And that is that no longer will I play the lamb,
I will not remain on your altar,
I will be used for nothing,
and God may forgive you,
But I haven't yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments! Whether it be constructive criticism or praise, I want to hear it!

Copyright