Thursday, April 29, 2010

Caged

. . . And then we sang the saddest song,
Because it seemed appropriate,
Though a longing for silence,
Was creeping up in my veins.
We've spoken enough,
We've dragged this out long enough,
And now all that is left to do,
Is to let sleeping dogs lie.
As I stop my voice,
While they continue to sing,
I feel the tired tears returning to my eyes,
Visitors I wished to never see.
Is it the loss of something sacred,
That has broken me once again?
Or is it the failure in staying strong,
That has brought me the most pain?
Questions that deserve no answers,
Since the piano plays on,
Ignoring the pleading of my weary mind.
It is well with my soul.
No. Right now, it's most certainly not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments! Whether it be constructive criticism or praise, I want to hear it!

Copyright