Friday, April 2, 2010

Sparrow

It's not that his hands were too weak,
They were stronger than any I had ever seen
It was just his sunny disposition.
He was getting in the way of my cloudy existence.


Being locked in a closet for days,
Can teach you a marvelous number of things.
Such as how to do things right the next time around,
And how to see past the kindness that is used to abuse.

It's not that his voice was too loud,
In fact, he whispered when he was the most angry,
But it was the way he twisted my words.
I was destined to be a broken child.

Being free from the chains for the first time,
Is like seeing the world again after being blinded.
When his hands became too weak, and his voice too loud,
I was finally able to grow a spine.

No longer am I an enabler.
No, now I am a bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments! Whether it be constructive criticism or praise, I want to hear it!

Copyright